News Room

Health Bulletins

Canada Post Disruption - Public Information

June 21, 2011

OHIP Medical Claims Payment and Processing Response to a Full Postal Strike

The ministry is committed to delivering the best service possible during the current postal disruption. Canada Post Corporation has initiated a nationwide lock-out that will interrupt regular mail delivery.

This ministry's internet site will continue to be updated as new information is available. Each OHIP claims office has updated its automated telephone message (where possible) to provide clients with service delivery information and the ministry's efforts to continue to provide excellent service.

General Questions

Will I still receive mail from the ministry? Can I still send mail to the ministry?

Northern Health Travel Grant

How can I submit my NORTHERN HEALTH TRAVEL GRANT (NHTG) application?

Northern Health Travel Grant (NHTG) applications can be dropped off at the following OHIP claims offices:

199 Larch St. Suite 1003
Sudbury, ON
P3E 5R1
435 James St. South Suite 113
Thunder Bay, ON
P7E 6T1


Any ServiceOntario locations in northern Ontario. Select the "Service Location Finder" to help you find a ServiceOntario location near you.

Otherwise, they can be couriered to the OHIP claims offices listed above.

Inquiries may be made at one of the MOHLTC locations please call: 1-800-461-4006 or in Sudbury area 705-675-4010.

When will I receive my NHTG cheque from the ministry?

Out-of-Country and Out-of-Province Client Claims

How can I send my out-of-country (OOC) or out-of-province (OOP) medical claims to the ministry?

Patient Cheques

When will I receive my reimbursement cheque from the ministry?

Lawyer's Enquiries (LES)

How can I submit my LES requests to the ministry? When can I expect to receive a response from my enquiry?

Requests for Personal Health Information

How can I submit my request for my personal health information to the ministry? When can I expect to receive my request?

During the postal strike you can drop off your request to your local OHIP claims office or send it directly by courier to:

Personal Health Information Office
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
4th Floor, 49 Place d'Armes
Kingston ON K7L5J3

Requests will be processed and sent by courier to the requester as per regular business practice.

For further information please visit these sites below: OHIP Claims Office Locations and Hours of Operations

For More Information

If you are a reporter with a question for a story, or with comments about how this News Room section could serve you better, send us an e-mail at:

Media Line
Toll-free: 1-888-414-4774
In Toronto: 416-314-6197

Public Inquiries
Call ServiceOntario, Infoline
at 1-866-532-3161
TTY 1-800-387-5559.
In Toronto, TTY 416-327-4282
Hours of operation : 8:30am - 5:00pm